What’s Really Making You Sick After You Eat?
Gluten gets such a bad wrap and it blows my mind because unless you are afflicted with celiac disease why on earth are you not questioning the mass amounts of agro-chemicals needed to harvest conventional wheat or the endless synthetic chemical additives that are in your food? You gotta admit it’s kind of odd that you don’t and are willing to spend insane amounts of money on gluten free products but balk at the high cost of food.
So this post is for the millions of Americans jumping on the gluten-free bandwagon. I want you to know by limiting your perspective, you are depriving yourself of understanding your body and knowing the triggers that cause it to hurt, which also means you never have everlasting solutions for feeling your best. You are living in fear of food instead of embracing it and I think you deserve better, don’t you?
I have solutions…
Do you really want to feel great after you eat?
I’m Willing To Bet That If You Stopped Consuming These Foods…
• Packaged Salad Dressing.
• Most Packaged Jellies and Jams
• Jarred Mayo (loaded with canola and soy oil) unless it’s this or this.
• Most Condiments (read ingredients).
• Canola and/or Vegetable Oil.
• Packaged Grated Cheese.
• Packaged Nut Milk unless it’s this brand’s unsweetened almond milk, which is the cleanest product I have ever found in the marketplace.
• Conventional non-organic bread and grains.
• Farmed Fish.
• Packaged Pre-Grated Cheese.
• Packaged Nut Milks.
• Artificial Sweeteners.
• Conventional/Non-Organic Cereals, Breads, Pastas (Grains).
And Stopped Buying Food With these Ingredients:
• Palm, Vegetable and Canola oil – Don’t even get me started! Read More here and here. Know too that more than 60% of all vegeatble oil sold in the U.S. is palm oil! Enough with these awful processed oils. You deserve better.
• Guar Gum – the lesser of gum evils, but it is a laxative and over consumption can cause you to stress your intestines, gut and bowels. No wonder your tummy hurts.
• Xanthan Gum – made from corn, soy or wheat. Ummmm three of the most polluted crops in this country
• Tapioca Starch – Raises blood sugar to high levels, which means high insulin levels follow which blocks mobilization of fat and encourages fat deposition
• Natural Flavors – Could be anything. It’s an umbrella term used in food to hide ingredients.
• Yeast Extract, Gelatin, Whey Protein Isolate, Soy Protein Isolate, Pectin and More – AKA MSG
• Soy Lecithin – isolated processed soy. Digestive nightmare
• Carrageenan – Also can be code name for MSG and there is research linking it to gastrointestinal inflammation and higher rates of colon cancer, in laboratory animals. Read More
• Maltodextrin – Also can be code name for MSG and another synthetic additive made from some of the most polluted and GMO crops in the U.S.: corn, wheat, potatoes and rice. Read More
And If You:
• Ate way less dairy, meat, chicken and fish – I don’t care if it’s grass-fed, wild, pasture-raised or organic, without burdening you with the awful details that I know about the food industry, just trust me when I say take a break every now and again…
• Avoided ALL conventional potatoes (potatoes are LOADED with pesticides. LOADED! Buy organic or don’t buy at all! That means potato bread, potato vodka, potato chips…
And Incorporated More…
• Quality Filtered Water and Herbal Teas.
• Vitamin C, Antioxidants and Immune Building Supplements.
• Healthy Oils like Avocado, Grapeseed, Coconut, Sunflower, Hemp and Flaxseed.
• Fresh homemade meals incorporating more fresh colorful vegetables and quality water, I promise that your body will feel a hell of a lot better.
Only good can come from that. xo